Adding a new email account in Outlook 2007
- Ensure you are connected to the internet before proceeding.
- Open Outlook.
- Click Tools.
- Click Account Settings.
- Click the Email Tab
- Click New
- Select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP or HTTP
- Click Next
- Select the 'Manually configure server settings or additional server types' checkbox at the bottom of the screen.
- Select Internet E-mail.
- Click Next
- Under the User Information Heading
Enter a display name, this will be displayed in the from field of people you send email to.
e.g John Citizen or Your Company Name etc
Enter the full email address of the account your setting up.
- Under the Server Information Heading
In the Account Type dropdown menu, select POP3; enter the incoming and outgoing server names shown below.
Incoming Mail Server
Outgoing Mail Server
- Under the Logon Information Heading
Enter your full email address as the user name.
Enter your email account password in the password field.
- Click the More Settings Button
Click the Outgoing Server Tab
Tick the box labeled My Outgoing Server(SMTP) Requires Authentication
Click the Advanced Tab
Locate the Server Port Numbers Heading and change the Outgoing Mail(SMTP) from 25 to 26
Click the OK button
- Click the Test Account Settings Button
If you see 2 green ticks then you have setup your email account successfully
Close the test email settings window
If you receive any errors then review the information you have entered and ensure there are no spelling errors and that you are using the correct login information
Fix any incorrect settings you have entered and click the Test Account Settings button again.
- Click OK.
- Click Next.
- You have now completed setting up your new email account.
Was this answer helpful?
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution